Monday, February 2, 2009

Remembering items.


As I was leaving the tennis club yesterday, I had trouble with all the things I had to remember. When my Grannie was alive 50 years ago, she had two things she did not like to forget. Her glasses and her walking stick in that order! That number has increased significantly over the years. Besides the obvious items like sneakers, racquet, racquet cover, clothes, towel etc. you now have to remember keys, mobile phone, ipod, wallet, card holder, sun glasses, water bottle, sun screen lotion, hair brush and in my case my photographic equipment. As I am the web master for the club, I need the camera nearly every time I go there. Murphy's Law is quite applicable here. If I forget to bring it; sure enough someone or something demands a picture. My daughter turned up yesterday with a $900 mobile complete with some sort of bluetooth box for the car. (My phone was $90 and it performs many more functions than I require). I wonder what you can do with a $900 phone? Perhaps send an f mail to Outer Mongolia. I can only look foward with amazement and anticipation for the gadgets of 2020.

No comments: