Wednesday, April 15, 2009

St. Patricks Day


Sorry about the time it has taken me to write about this but with FIVE gigs during the great St. Patrick's Celebration, I was understandably a little tired. Not only did I sing about Barack Obama being Irish but I included a new song written especially for the occasion. The words are as follows and the chorus is the words of the verse repeated with a different melody.

I am a little leprechaun I come from far and near

I'm welcome in the parlour where I sip me pint o beer

I am everybody's hope I am everybody's dream

I am a little leprechaun who wears the emerald green.


You Can find me in the woods You Can see me through the trees

You can hear me in the cornfields if you get down on your knees

You can see me in a flash you can try and chat to me

And I'll tell you that old story of how we came to be.....


You can ask about that pot of gold that people seek to find

But the only gold that's valuable is deep down in your mind

And the story I will tell to you It's one you've heard before

That leprechauns are real and the rest is just folk lore.




No comments: