Monday, January 8, 2007

Typical day in Perth


What a great day here in Perth. Perfect temp. and good company ( friends from Ireland) they own a ferry off the West coast and it is their OFF season. Beach, swim, walk, beer and good food and some great stories! Tomorrow (Tues.) is Tennis, Wed. golf Thurs. etc....

At present I am writing some music for Australia Day ( when is that I hear you say) 26th Jan. I am playing at 8 retirement villages over the next 3 months. So am brushing up with songs like "Who were you with last night" "Hello who's your lady friend" "All the nice girls love a sailor" O I do like to be beside the seaside" "Everybody's doing it"!!! I have a collection of 1000 songs here on file but I never use it! It is quicker to look them up in GOOGLE would you believe! I started a song almost 20 years ago and wrote 2 verses every year..... a lot of verses I hear you say.... yeah yeah but I discard most of them after 5 years. The first verse was

" Listen Ronnie Reagan I'm really no pagan my religion is important to me

Forget all those stories about the past glories because that is all His tor y! "

Maggie Thatcher has the next verse. Then all sorts like Nelson Mandella Sadam Osama B L Gorbychov Blair Howard Bush N York Bali et.al.
That's it for this week! Love to all Double



No comments: