Friday, December 12, 2008

Ladies Hair whatever.


I have never understood the disparity between the sexes when it comes to getting your hair whatever. I did not want to use the word cut here as my daughter informs me she gets her hair "styled." Perhaps that is the difference. I pay $7 to a barber who had a career change some 20 years ago. I admit that this is a bargain. I simply phone him up, book an appointment and we enjoy a beer together while he gets on with the job. A few years ago, my daughter retuned from a 6 month trip around the world. Her last flight was from Sydney to Perth. She wanted to look good so she visited a hair-dresser in Sydney. She was persuaded to part with $230 but after the 8 hour flight to Perth, her hair probably looked the same as before. I only found out this as it was the reason I did not get any pressie on her return. (We always bring back something for each other however small). I reminded her of this recently but she was quite unrependent. It costs me around $350 now I was informed. Well it is the sign of the times. My own barber recently charged me $10 my mistake and I did not make a big deal of it either.

No comments: