Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Teenagers


I am not sure that teenagers today are as fortunate as we were at the same age. Sure they have a few more gadgets at their disposal but I am not convinced all the new gadgets around are completely beneficiary to their welfare. My youngest ventured out into the world at 18 years of age ( she could not wait) but by 19 she was asking if she could return to take a course at University. ( She lasted 12 days approximately the last time she tried this!) Simply put, most of this generation are not prepared to go through a bad time in order to achieve a better style of living later on. A friend of hers recently showed me his latest ipod. Only $500 he claimed. It was the word "only" I was most concerned about. It will be interesting to observe how they all cope with the lastest world monetary climate. I hope they can survive and come out better off on the other side.

No comments: